TripMapper’s budget feature (only available on our ‘Trip+' plan) allows you to manage and track your spending both before and during your trip.
You can also convert one currency to another for accurate budgeting. We currently only use data from the European Central Bank to manage our currency conversion feature. We synchronise this data daily at 00:00 UTC. Daily rate updates mean that your budget utilisation may change day-to-day if you’re using our currency conversion feature. Click here for more information on our currency conversion feature.
This article focuses on the mobile app only. Click here for more information on the web app’s budget feature.
Guide to using the budget feature on the mobile app 📱
Set a budget
If you 'skipped' adding a budget when first creating the trip, you can easily add your budget within that trip's 'Trip Settings'. To do this:
1) Select the applicable trip
2) Tap the 'Overview' icon in the bottom right of your screen
3) Tap the cog icon in the top right of your screen (your 'Trip Settings')
4) Once in Trip Settings, tap the 'Budget' section
5) Choose whether you want to set a daily budget or an entire trip budget. Then add your home currency and your budget. Tap 'Save.' You are now all set to go!
Where can you take a detailed look at your budget?
Once you have added costs to your itinerary entries, tap the ‘Budget’ icon at the bottom right of the screen to take a detailed look at your trip spend.
If you have any questions about the budget feature, or want to suggest anything please use the chat widget at the bottom-right of this page.